Olnie Lake fly fishing
50 trout per day is just the beginning.
Guaranteeing 50 average 13-pound trout per rod per day, it’s the place you’ll definitely want to go. This is where Rancho Salvaje Safari awaits you for a fishing experience that you won’t believe is real.
In our secret paradise, a sanctuary known only to a few fortunate anglers, Rancho Salvaje Safari offers you a unique fishing experience. Our lodge is located on the riverbank, providing you with the convenience of waking up and immersing yourself in the fishing spots within minutes.
The Olnie Lake and River, known to a select few as one of the rivers with the highest trout population in Argentina.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to surpass your expectations by catching more than the guaranteed 50 Rainbow Trout. But this is just the beginning of your adventure. At Rancho Salvaje Safari, we are committed to providing you with unparalleled service and personalized attention that will make your experience unforgettable.
Our expert guides will accompany you every step of the way, sharing their extensive fishing knowledge and ensuring that you make the most of your time on the water. Additionally, for anglers who wish to come without equipment, we will provide the highest quality fishing gear so that you can focus on enjoying the moment and capturing those dream trophies.
The Location of the Olnie Lake and River
The Olnie Lake and River is located in the spectacular region of Argentine Patagonia. Situated in the province of Santa Cruz in the southern part of the country, this river meanders through dreamlike landscapes, including majestic mountains, lush forests, and vast meadows. It is a true natural treasure for fishing enthusiasts and nature lovers.
Its crystal-clear and pristine waters are home to an abundant population of trout, including rainbow trout and brown trout. These species find an ideal habitat in the river, ensuring an exciting and rewarding fishing experience for visitors.
The remote and secluded location of the Olnie Lake and River makes it a special destination. Far from the crowds and surrounded by pristine nature, it is the perfect setting for a peaceful and harmonious fishing experience in tune with the environment. Here, anglers can enjoy the tranquility and serenity of Patagonia while immersing themselves in the thrill of fishing in one of the region’s most beautiful rivers.
Our Fishing Equipment
Some of our equipment includes
Two Handed Rod
When it comes to fishing in Lake Strobel, Lake Olnie, or Salto Grande Dam, it's important to dress appropriately to be comfortable and protected during your fishing expedition. Here are some tips on what type of clothing to wear in this environment
- Layered clothing: Opt for dressing in layers, allowing you to adjust your attire according to changing
weather conditions. Start with a long-sleeved shirt or quick-drying shirt as a base layer, and then add a sweatshirt or fleece jacket as an intermediate layer. For the outer layer, choose a windbreaker or waterproof jacket to protect you from gusts of wind and possible rain.
- Durable pants: Select durable and comfortable pants that allow for free movement. Trekking pants or fishing pants made from water-resistant and quick-drying materials are ideal to protect you from splashes and provide comfort during long fishing days.
- Appropriate footwear: Wear waterproof shoes or boots with non-slip soles to tackle the wet conditions of the lake. Ensure they are comfortable and provide good support for walking on uneven terrain.
- Hat and sunglasses: Shield your face and eyes from the sun by wearing a cap with a visor to prevent glare and protect against UV rays. Additionally, use polarized sunglasses to enhance your vision and safeguard your eyes from water reflection.
- Gloves: Consider wearing lightweight yet sturdy gloves to protect your hands from cold, wind, and contact with fish and gear. Fingerless or convertible gloves will allow dexterity for handling fishing equipment without sacrificing protection.
- Remember that the weather in Lake Strobel can be unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared for any eventualities. Adapting your clothing to the weather conditions will enable you to enjoy a more comfortable and pleasant fishing experience.
We recommend bringing the following clothing to suit the weather conditions
Fishing licenses are obtained on-site on the day of your arrival at the facilities in any of the locations where you wish to fish with us.
We will provide you with a typical itinerary, but if you wish to engage in animal hunting or tourism before or after fishing, we can easily arrange transfers to your desired locations. All our hunting and fishing programs can be combined and individually tailored.
Similarly, if you want to add additional fishing days, it can be done without any inconvenience.
If you decide to combine your fishing program with activities such as animal hunting, tourism, or fishing in different areas, don’t worry. Our service ensures that transfers from one place to another are as efficient and fast as possible.
We understand that your time is valuable, and we want you to make the most of each chosen experience. Therefore, we will make sure that any time lost during transfers can be recovered through fishing, hunting, or sightseeing activities.
Combine fishing with our Hunting Programs
At Rancho Salvaje Safari, we take pride in offering a unique experience that combines the thrill of hunting with incredible fishing in both the southern and northern regions of Argentina.
Depending on the month you choose, you can select fishing alongside certain big game animals or even specific small game animals.
Below, you can customize your trip by choosing the activities you would like to participate in. We will then
contact you to refine the details of your stay in Argentina.
Get in contact with Rancho Salvaje Safari, let’s customize your trip to your needs, dates and accommodations.
Just fill in the form below with your name and email address with a short message and and we will get back to you.